I always get asked “How can I improve my Digital Presence with my small budget?”
Well…. you will need to ensure your content creation game is outstanding 🙂
Here are a few tips to help…
Create an approval funnel
Everyone, no matter how experienced they are, can make mistakes. By implementing an approval funnel, once content is curated and set up to be dispersed, you can review it before scheduling and mitigate risks of common grammatical errors, design errors, and dead links before dissemination.
It is very important to create a unique identity for your brand (business or personal) and include it in everything you share. Whether it be dropping your logo, brand name, a hashtag, or website link, simply including this info on your photo or message can subliminally ‘sell’ your brand and help your audience become more familiar with your brand.
Create owned content
You are the expert in your field. You know your business and you know your product better than anyone. Creating original and unique content illustrates your authority and allows for more personalized content. Beyond the legal advantages of not stealing others images, designing or re-designing content allows you the opportunity to more precisely customize your artwork and provide quality and reputable content.
Measuring your brand’s success through setting KPI’s is an easy way to assess the power of your Digital Marketing efforts. With marketing & advertising representing a huge portion of a brand’s budget, it is important to track the value of your dollar. By setting goals for your campaigns, you can effectively track initiatives and feedback across various platforms such as web, social, and mobile. Setting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator; a tool used to measure performance) is an easy way to identify what content works best for your brand, what doesn’t work, how it is received by your specified audience, and what areas can be improved.
The 80/20 rule is even more real in Digital
Don’t bombard your customers’ timeline with ‘over selling’ messages or branding. 80% of your social media posts should contain non-self-promoted, entertainment value content, and the remaining 20% can be self-promoted. Always keep in mind that people don’t use social media to be sold to, they use it to “socialize”. Create content that is relatable such as stories about your personal life, behind-the-scenes photos, employee happenings, and personal experiences, that might help your followers or evoke emotion. Ways in which you can still promote your product but make it less ‘selly’ is by adding a simple Call to Action; such as your website url or contact info in your post copy.
There’s only one rule you should follow in regards to posting entertaining / non-self promoted content: It should be industry related.
Email Marketing works
Email marketing presents more opportunities for your business and drives a better return on investment than many social media platforms. Coupled with engagement rates of over 70% email marketing can create deeper relationships with a wider audience at a fraction of the cost of traditional media. It can be more targeted, as you have a specific subscriber list with people who are directly interested in your product, it is cost effective as there are no print costs, postage fees, or advertising rates, AND you can measure the success of your campaigns with easy to understand reporting metrics. With each email sent, consumers are exposed to your business and your brand!
Customer engagement is a huge part of social media and digital marketing. Customers must know you – they want to know who you are and why they should trust you. Social media gives you the opportunity to personify your brand and connect with your customers in the way they communicate. This can mean sharing the different facets of your company’s story or listening in on the social conversation and joining in. Choose trending topics and current events to connect with your customer’s common interests and be consistent and speak to your audience in a brand voice they can relate to and build connections between your brand and the latest topics of interest.
Contests & Giveaways
Contests and giveaways are a great way to increase your online following and get your community engaged with your brand. A user-generated content (UGC) promotion or contest taps into the human drive to compete and provides an opportunity for everyone to experience their 15 minutes of fame. Most importantly, when participants upload their personal content (e.g., a photo or story) to your promotion AMAZING digital bots go to work notifying their friends, and their friends’ friends, essentially allowing your participants to do your marketing for you.
These are just a few tips that we use daily. Feel free to share yours and join in the conversation at www.e-fire.com ^_^
Social media management jamaica
Digital marketing jamaica
Digital Marketing tips